International students

Spain belongs to the European Union, so European students do not need a visa to study in Spain. On the other hand, non-European students who wish to study or extend their studies in Spain must obtain the corresponding visa, which includes authorization to stay in the country.

Students from certain countries are exempt from obtaining a visa as long as their stay in Spain does not exceed three months.

The visa will be requested and issued at the Spanish Consular Offices abroad. Once in Spain, Gasma offers non-EU students the International Fee service: with it, they can apply for the foreign student card through the Immigration Office or the corresponding police station within one month of their arrival.

More information